The end of the year is coming closer. How about some cuddles with lovely people at a lovely place? Soft mattresses, gentle music, some structured exercises and part of the evening designed as a cuddle party where you get to look for the exact flavour of touch that you long for…
Cuddling is not only nice, but it is also very healthy. Touch lowers stress and increases happiness. But cuddling is also a way to get to know yourself better. Do I dare to make my boundaries and desires clear?
Just a few proven benefits of cuddling:
- consensual touch lowers stress in your body
- cuddling strengthens your immune system
- cuddling balances your nervous system
- cuddling strengthens your heart
- cuddling lowers feelings of fear and loneliness
- and in addition, a workshop like this can help you process trauma and become more confident.
A cuddle workshop is a structured workshop that focuses on loving touch. We do this through exercises that are aimed at making contact with ourselves and with others. We’ll start gently, without touching each other, and slowly build up the intensity for those who wish so that everyone can follow along and it’s not too fast for anyone – although you never have to do anything you don’t feel like doing!
We always start with a moment to come to ourselves and let go of all the hustle and bustle of daily life. From there we will make contact with ourselves and with others through exercises. For example, by taking turns stroking each other’s hands. The exercises are sometimes playful, sometimes more intense, but always designed in a way where you get to choose your pace. If you don’t want to do something, you don’t have to. The exercises we do are very diverse and change every time.
The event focuses on loving attention and touch. We stay away from sexuality these evenings. Not because sex is wrong, but to experience how nice cuddling is when there is no end goal or focus.
Elements that you can expect in this cuddle workshop: meditation, mindfulness, dance, massage, breathing exercises, somatic awareness, The Wheel of Consent and neo-tantric aspects.
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
This workshop is for both experienced and starting cuddlers. When you feel anxious or insecure about connecting with other people – this is for you. But also if you want to recharge and indulge in a night of abundant cuddles you are very welcome! The workshop gradually builds from connecting with yourself to connecting with others, with a lot of space to find and express your boundaries. The exercises are playful but deep.
Here’s a testimonial for you to get an idea of this workshop:
– We actively stand for inclusion. This means that in the event no racism, discrimination, misogyny, ableism, or shaming of bodies, s.xualities, gender etc are tolerated. If this is something you cannot commit to, this is not your community.
– Everybody is welcome although we try to prevent overrepresentation of any gender. This means there might be a slight disbalance in gender in the group. You work with who you want to work with; we don’t stimulate genderphobia (meaning we won’t actively pair you up with people of your preferred gender).
– When you are being disrespectful, crossing boundaries or showing any other behaviour that affects the safety of the group, we can ask you to leave the workshop.
– We accept all political viewpoints and personal opinions, but we also actively stand against the spread of misinformation and disinformation. If you are looking for places to share your viewpoints on vaccine shedding, this is not your community.
– You are responsible for your own well-being. This means that you can express your boundaries at all times. We will never force you to do anything.
– We ask everyone for a covid quick test to minimise the risk of spreading covid at this event. If this is principally against your values, you may want to reconsider signing up. Check our current policy at www.exploringdeeper.com/covid
Who: we welcome people of all genders, sexualities, ages (though 18+) etc.
Language: the workshop is in English unless all participants understand sufficient Dutch.
Time: This workshop starts at 19.00 and ends around 22.00h. Doors open at 18.30h. When the workshop starts (at 19.00h) we will lock the door. You are welcome to come a little earlier to land, have tea and meet lovely people.
Wear comfy clothes in which you feel good, e.g. pyjamas, yoga pants, etc. Shoes are not allowed in the workshop space. We keep clothed at all times (meaning: no naked torsos. Short sleeves and bare legs/feet are welcome.
Make sure not to wear strong scents! No perfume, aftershave, or strong essential oils. Being clean and, if you wish, a lightly scented deodorant is sufficient.
This event takes place in a building that is unfortunately inaccessible for folks in a wheelchair due to stairs in front of and inside the building and broken elevators. Please reach out if you have specific needs. We strive to accommodate you to our best capacity.
Check www.prettigparkeren.nl for information on (free) parking, or www.9292ov.nl for public transportation advice.
You sign up by buying your ticket. You don’t need to print or bring your ticket (please, save trees). We appreciate it when you sign up for the Facebook event as well.
YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL WITH ALL IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THE DAYS BEFORE THE EVENT. CHECK YOUR EMAIL/SPAM.
ABOUT CUDDLE WORKSHOPS INTERNATIONAL
Cuddle Workshops International (and the Dutch branch Knuffelworkshops in Nederland en België) are a worldwide network of certified Cuddle Workshop facilitators.
These workshops are always strictly non-sexual in nature. Consent, respect, and inclusivity are the highest values.
To find out more about Cuddle Workshops International, or to become a certified facilitator, check www.cuddleworkshops.org or the Dutch www.knuffelworkshops.nl
To stay updated about workshops, events and to read Wilrieke’s blog (with hundreds of articles and videos about topics like non-monogamy, s.xuality and dealing with insecurities), check www.exploringdeeper.com
and sign up for our newsletter!