Mind that as long as COVID-regulations are in place, events may be happening in a different format, be canceled, postponed, or switch to online. Please read our COVID-protocols before signing up.
Where We Dance: A Dance Party based on Solidarity and Inclusivity
July 1 @ 19:30 - 22:00 CEST
Where We Dance is an evening for you to come home into your body. To hang out with others and celebrate life!
Our nervous systems flourish when we are ‘regulated’: calm, present, comfortable. Dancing is an amazing way to regulate, just as being in the presence of others is. Let the rhythms regulate you! There’s no need to impress anyone, no need to have the right moves, no need to be perfect. Just be.
These are the principles of Where We Dance:
- no mind-altering substances of any kind (no alcohol, drugs, coffee, etc)
- no shoes (unless your body needs them)
- no discrimination, racism, or shaming of any kind
- we respect the RIVM Guidelines (see below)
Where we Dance is a place that intends to welcome everyone.
This event is for you if:
- you are looking for a place that welcomes you exactly for who you are
- you want to dance while being sober, in a place where people understand consent and boundaries
- if you are looking for a place to dance where health measurements are taken seriously
- you are not willing to accept another person’s ‘no’
- we actively stand for inclusion. This means that in the event no racism, discrimination, misogyny, ableism, or shaming of bodies, sexualities, gender etc are tolerated. If this is something you cannot commit to, this is not your community.
- we accept all political viewpoints and personal opinions, but we also actively stand against the spread of misinformation and disinformation. If you are looking for places to share your viewpoints on vaccine shedding, this is not your community.
- we ask for a covid quick test, vaccine, or another way to minimise the risk of spreading covid at this event. If this is principally against your values, you may want to reconsider signing up.
This event welcomes folks from all walks of life. We are LGBTQIIA+ informed (Wilrieke and most of her team identify as such), trauma-informed, and non-monogamy informed. White folks are overrepresented in our team and life experiences are coloured through that lens. We do come from different social backgrounds and have different life experiences when it comes to health, wealth, neurodiversity, gender, sexual orientation, etc.
We welcome disabled folks and have good experiences with you participating in our events and sessions. Some of our venues include stairs or other challenges, but usually, we have a very helpful team of assistants who lovingly support, e.g. by carrying you, your wheelchair up and downstairs, hold doors for you, or assist in other ways. If you have a person that supports you in daily activities that you need to bring for your care, they can of course come with you without buying a ticket. Please reach out if you have special needs, and we will discuss how we can support you. In case we cannot comfort your needs, we will honestly let you know.
We want this event to be safe for everyone, which means we will take the measurements we can to prevent the risk of spreading Covid19. You can find the elaborate protocol Exploring Deeper uses here (this document is regularly updated, so please check it close to the event date).
For this event we use these guidelines:
- we ask you to do a covid-quick test at home before the event ór be fully vaccinated (two weeks since your last vaccination). Bring the result of your quicktest (take a photo with proof of date of the result and show that at the entrance – or show proof of vaccination)
- we will send you an email with questions about your health before, at the door, and after the event.
- we keep a 1,5-meter distance before, during, and after the dance.
- you can choose to form a bubble with one or two other persons. With these people, you can come closer. You cannot come closer to people from outside your bubble.
- you bring your own mug/bottle to drink from (we provide water and tea).
- we provide plenty of hand sanitiser.
- we collect your name and email address in case of contact research by the Dutch GGD if a participant has a positive test in the ten days after the event.
- you cannot come when you have signs of covid and/or a fever in the days before the event.
We cannot check all these guidelines with each person. Therefore, we urgently ask you to stick to these guidelines when you come to this event. If you don’t like these measures and/or intend to break them: don’t come. We behold the right to refuse access to folks who do not show results of a quick test/vaccination, and folks who do not stick to our guidelines during the event.
What the evening looks like:
- The doors open half an hour before starting time. Make sure to be on time! Once we have started we cannot let latecomers in!
- During the opening circle, Wilrieke will welcome you all. We will start with exercises to land, get to know each other, and learn to notice what our desires and boundaries are today (the more often you do these exercises, the better you get at them!)
- After this intro the DJ will take over and take you on a dance journey.
- We end again in a circle before we close the event.
Note: this is a white event, which means that clothes stay on at all times.
We use a system of colours to explain what happens in an event with regards to sexuality:
- White: clothes stay on, there is no sexuality or nudity. (e.g. cuddle workshops.)
- Pink: partial nudity is allowed but genitals stay covered. Sensual play is possible. (e.g. energy sex workshops and pink play parties.)
- Red: full nudity and sexual interactions are possible (e.g. exploring kink, red play parties.)
About the DJ: DJ Sieger
You may know DJ Sieger from his amazing sets at the parties of the Play! Community in Utrecht. Sieger tunes in to the mood of his audience and creates customized sets on the spot. Under his name DJ Animo he creates Drive-In shows. Check out his website!
About Wilrieke Sophia:
Wilrieke Sophia (she/her, they/them) is a sex & intimacy educator, conscious kink facilitator, intimacy activist, TEDx speaker, writer, and founder of Exploring Deeper and Cuddle Workshops International.
She identifies as queer, sex-positive, polyamorous and kinky. Wilrieke is based near Amsterdam, The Netherlands where she openly combines being a mother of three daughters with her work.
The main focus of her work is empowerment through self-knowledge and understanding, radical self-inclusion, the embodied experiencing of boundaries and desires, and an extensive practice of consent – all based on a foundation of trauma awareness and neuroscience, embedded in experiential spaces based on intimacy practices. Wilrieke hosts sex-positive retreats, play parties, teacher training, and festivals. In several projects with colleagues, Wilrieke creates workshops and materials on accountability, abuse and power dynamics in the intimacy and wellness communities.
About Exploring Deeper:
We all need touch. Here at Exploring Deeper we believe that satisfying intimacy needs to be available for everyone. To have that intimacy, a person needs to feel safe and secure in their own body. We need to know our boundaries and desires, and we need to know how to communicate them. How does a person change their life? By doing things differently, and then repeating that new way. When it comes to intimacy, our current society does not provide us with the means, tools, and place to practice our intimacy skills.
Exploring Deeper aims to create those spaces. Laboratories for exploring intimacy – deeper. We do that by creating events, sessions, materials, and professional training. All our products and services are based on the pillars of solidarity and inclusion. This means our events are meant to be a welcoming place to you, independent of race, gender, age (though 18+), sexual orientation, relationship style, being neurodivergent or neurotypical, being disabled or non-disabled, or looks.
We acknowledge everyone is learning and may make mistakes in addressing others, ourselves included. Making mistakes is welcomed in our workshops. Intentionally causing harm by discrimination, racism, misogyny, shaming, bullying, spreading disinformation etc is not tolerated. As a team we are actively speaking up against these issues, and repeated misconduct will lead to remove the person causing harm from the workshop and potentially withhold access to future events.
More about us:
Facebook: Exploring Deeper with Wilrieke Sophia
Youtube: www.youtube.com/exploringdeeper (Debunking Lovesongs)
Check out Wilrieke’s TEDx Talk on Navigating Intimacy.
A few words on team ethics:
Integrity and creating a safer space is super important to us, the team of Exploring Deeper. You, the participants, are not our personal dating pool. There are power dynamics that can be juicy, but also abusive.
Members of our team, regardless of their role (which may be facilitator, assistant, co-facilitator, helper or participant) will not individually date people they meet for the first time in the context of the power dynamic of a workshop, and will not be romantically or sexually involved with them. They will not have any form of fluid exchange with participants.
We might support you in your exercises or provide a service during the play party (we’re always keen on helping you improve your spanking skills for example!).
If we have pre-existing partners or lovers in the workshop, we will disclose that at the opening of the workshop when appropriate.
If you are curious about our Guidelines for Team Members, feel free to check the full document out here.
SOME PRACTICAL INFORMATION
In the week before the event, you will receive an email with detailed information for this day. Make sure you sign up with an email address that you use. Check your spam filter if you did not receive an email seven days before the event (if you unsubscribed from our newsletter, these emails cannot reach you!).
This day takes place in a beautiful venue in Utrecht or Houten. Both venues have plenty of free parking space around the venue, and public transport easily brings you there. Check www.9292ov.nl for public transport details. Both venues are about 20 minutes by bus from Utrecht CS.
FOOD / DRINKS
We will provide tea and water. Feel free to bring something to drink or to eat!
WHAT DO I WEAR?
Wear what makes you feel comfortable. Bring some layers, as you might get hot or cold. A part you’d like to celebrate? Something that makes you feel safe to be in an exciting environment? Your pyjamas? Crossdressing? Wondering where you could finally wear that kinky clothing you got? You are welcomed to celebrate yourself in any way you like – although we ask you to keep your chest and genitals covered during this dance party.
HOW MUCH IS IT?
You find that info in the ticket shop. There is a limited amount of budget tickets, meant for people with limited financial resources. We trust you to choose the ticket that fits your situation.
WHAT IF I CAN’T COME ANYMORE?
There are administration costs involved, but refunds are possible. You are free to sell your ticket to someone else. We don’t mediate in selling tickets. (See Wilrieke’s terms and conditions). Please respect the gender of the ticket, and in case we send pre/aftercare emails, forward them to the person you sold your ticket to.
WHAT IF TICKETS ARE SOLD OUT?
You can ask for a ticket in the FB-event.
WHAT IF I DON’T FEEL LIKE TOUCHING SOMEONE?
Then you don’t. We will never push you to do anything, nor to do anything with anyone. You can come, decide to keep all your clothes on and not touch anyone – and that’s perfect. You can also always sit out an exercise.
If you want to extend your day with a night in a hotel, there are options nearby in Utrecht (google search ‘cheap hostels around Utrecht’). AirBnB works well too (tip: ask in the event for other participants to share a room with).
Venue Utrecht: Bastion Hotel Utrecht and Van der Valk Utrecht are at walking distance.
Venue Houten: Van der Valk Houten is at walking distance.
If it is absolutely impossible to find a place to sleep for you due to long travels or finances, please do reach out.