Mind that as long as COVID-regulations are in place, events may be happening in a different format, be canceled, postponed, or switch to online. Please read our COVID-protocols before signing up.
Red Play Party & Consent Workshop
July 10 @ 02:00 - 23:00 CEST
Are you looking for a place that is held with integrity, that is inclusive and welcoming, yet where you can play with your sexy fantasies, kinky desires, and tantric meditations – or just come for an organic cup of tea and chocolate?
Don’t look any further. This is the Red Play Party as created by Exploring Deeper, a day of sensual, luscious exploration in an all-embracing environment of like-minded people!
This is an experiential Red Play Party for the sensually adventurous. This event welcomes ALL and is very gender friendly. This is an invitation to dive deeply into yourself and each other in ways you may have been afraid to do in the past. This is the play party you want to come to even if you’ve never been to a play party before. We create an expansive, feeling-full environment charged with electricity, yet warmly grounded and earthy. A safer and sacred container for exploring kisses and hugs in a relaxed, sex-positive space. This play party encourages your curiosity about taking your own sensual play space to the next level. This evening is a celebration of imagination and curiosity, so you may experience as many flavours as you dare.
This workshop includes opportunities to:
- take part in a different workshop each time (e.g. bondage, energy sex, neo-tantric practices, kinky explorations, etc.)
- practice impeccable consent and play with the B-SMART tool for safer intimacy
- experience your Inner Navigation System and how it tells you what to do
- have an amazing evening out, dress up, flirt, dance, cuddle, massage, play – ar whatever suits your mood. We are equally friendly towards vanilla, tantric and kinky folks, the sexy sluts and the shy ones, the introverts and the extravagance.
- get to know amazing like-minded people in the best way! We usually host a very diverse crowd that is of mixed ages, genders, experience levels, and backgrounds.
MOST IMPORTANT NOTES -> READ THIS FIRST!
- Bring a SHEET, towel or other personal fabric
- This is an event for people with at least some experience in sex-positive spaces. You should be comfortable (though absolutely not obliged to participate in – on the contrary) with unclothed people and explicit action in the space.
- Be aware that these spaces zoom in on your ease & challenges. You need to be comfortable with that.
- We will send you an email with practical information a few days before the event. Make sure to sign up with your most used email address (when you have unsubscribed from our newsletter, our emails can’t reach you).
THIS EVENT IS NOT FOR YOU IF:
- You have never been to any intimate and/or sex-positive events before (when in doubt, send Wilrieke a message to check in whether this is for you).
- You are looking for easy sex. You won’t find it here. Likely you will be confronted with a needy/greedy attitude.
- You are uncomfortable with your own discomfort, triggers and/or emotional processes.
This is an event covering the afternoon ánd evening. During the afternoon there’s a workshop. This workshop will have a different theme each time and is sometimes given by Wilrieke Sophia, and sometimes by a guest teacher. Think of: bondage, ritual play, wheel of consent, sensual touch, energy sex, crafting your own flogger, and who knows what else!
The afternoon workshops also cover play party etiquette, the B-SMART safer intimacy tool, consent agreements, and before anything else, we will take time to land, get to know each other, and tune into our needs and desires.
We create a shared vegetarian potluck dinner. After dinner, we slowly float into the freefall play party part of the event.
Note: this is a red event, which means that during some parts of the event full nudity and sexual play are possible (this will mainly be during the evening). At no point during this day, you are required or pushed to be naked or sexual. You can participate in the full day while being dressed and without touching anyone. We do ask you to be comfortable with nudity and sexuality in the room.
We use a system of colours to explain what happens in an event with regards to sexuality:
- White: clothes stay on, there is no sexuality or nudity. (e.g. cuddle workshops.)
- Pink: partial nudity is allowed but genitals stay covered. Sensual play is possible. (e.g. energy sex workshops and pink play parties.)
- Red: full nudity and sexual interactions are possible (e.g. exploring kink, red play parties.)
This event welcomes folks from all walks of life. We are LGBTQIIA+ informed (Wilrieke and most of her team identify as such), slut-friendly, trauma-informed, and non-monogamy informed. White folks are overrepresented in our team and life experiences are coloured through that lens. We do come from different social backgrounds and have different life experiences when it comes to health, wealth, neurodiversity, gender, sexual orientation, etc.
We welcome disabled folks and have good experiences with you participating in our events and sessions. Some of our venues include stairs or other challenges, but usually, we have a very helpful team of assistants who lovingly support, e.g. by carrying you, your wheelchair up and downstairs, hold doors for you, or assist in other ways. If you have a person that supports you in daily activities that you need to bring for your care, they can of course come with you without buying a ticket. Please reach out if you have special needs, and we will discuss how we can support you. In case we cannot comfort your needs, we will honestly let you know.
What the day looks like:
- The doors open half an hour before starting time. Make sure to be on time! Once we have started we cannot let latecomers in!
- During the opening circle, Wilrieke will welcome you all. We will start with exercises to land, get to know each other, and learn to notice what our desires and boundaries are today (the more often you do these exercises, the better you get at them!)
- The afternoon workshop is led either by Wilrieke or an amazing guest facilitator and is different each time.
- After the workshop, there is a break with a potluck style dinner (everybody brings some vegetarian food to share) and time to prepare for the evening.
- The evening starts with dancing and some exercises to smoothly transition to the freeflow part of the evening. Half an hour before the event ends, we gather in a closing circle.
Workshop: Consent Practices
This is the first Play Party in a VERY LONG TIME. Let’s warm up by taking time to get in touch with desires and boundaries, and play with exercises from Betty Martin’s Wheel of Consent.
- How would you like to be touched?
- How would you like to touch me?
Wilrieke has taken the prerequisite courses for teaching this material (Like a Pro) and studied the Wheel with several teachers, including Betty Martin and Robyn Dalzen, for several years.
This event is for you if:
You are sensually, erotically and emotionally savvy enough to play nicely with others. You’re a good sharer, you take good care of your toys and you use your words. You are somebody who knows your own wants and boundaries and can communicate them clearly, and/or you’re someone willing to work and explore these areas for your own growth and enjoyment! You treat yourself and others with respect and kindness.
If you’re reading this, thinking, “I would love to come, but I don’t want to play”, PLEASE COME and enjoy the pressure-free company of like-minded individuals and exit whenever you wish. Really. There will be no pressure for you to do ANY activity at this party at any time.
Our biggest request is that you come with a fun-loving, warm, caring, open-minded, generous, thoughtful, compassionate, non-judgmental attitude and that you conduct yourself with the highest level of integrity possible.
Come relax. Come smooch. Come play. Come watch. (You know us: voyeurism is participation!)
All genders, bodies, and orientations welcome. Come as you are and have a great time!
This evening has no expectations or requirements. It is a space to be expressed and celebrated, to explore! You are welcome with all that you bring and who you are – in this moment.
This event is NOT for you if:
- you are not willing to accept another person’s ‘no’
- this is an event for people with at least some experience in sex-positive spaces, and/or workshops on topics like tantra, kink, BDSM, cuddling, or other forms of intimacy. You should be comfortable (though absolutely not obliged to participate in – on the contrary) with unclothed people and explicit action in the space. (When in doubt, send Wilrieke a message to check in whether this is for you).
- we actively stand for inclusion. This means that in the event no racism, discrimination, misogyny, ableism, or shaming of bodies, sexualities, gender etc are tolerated. If this is something you cannot commit to, this is not your community.
- we accept all political viewpoints and personal opinions, but we also actively stand against the spread of misinformation and disinformation. If you are looking for places to share your viewpoints on vaccine shedding, this is not your community.
- we MAY ask for a covid quick test, vaccine, or another way to minimise the risk of spreading covid at this event. If this is principally against your values, you may want to reconsider signing up.
- you are looking for easy sex. You won’t find it here.
About Wilrieke Sophia:
Wilrieke Sophia (she/her, they/them) is a sex & intimacy educator, conscious kink facilitator, intimacy activist, TEDx speaker, writer, and founder of Exploring Deeper and Cuddle Workshops International.
She identifies as queer, sex-positive, polyamorous and kinky. Wilrieke is based near Amsterdam, The Netherlands where she openly combines being a mother of three daughters with her work.
The main focus of her work is empowerment through self-knowledge and understanding, radical self-inclusion, the embodied experiencing of boundaries and desires, and an extensive practice of consent – all based on a foundation of trauma awareness and neuroscience, embedded in experiential spaces based on intimacy practices. Wilrieke hosts sex-positive retreats, play parties, teacher training, and festivals. In several projects with colleagues, Wilrieke creates workshops and materials on accountability, abuse and power dynamics in the intimacy and wellness communities.
About Exploring Deeper:
We all need touch. Here at Exploring Deeper we believe that satisfying intimacy needs to be available for everyone. To have that intimacy, a person needs to feel safe and secure in their own body. We need to know our boundaries and desires, and we need to know how to communicate them. How does a person change their life? By doing things differently, and then repeating that new way. When it comes to intimacy, our current society does not provide us with the means, tools, and place to practice our intimacy skills.
Exploring Deeper aims to create those spaces. Laboratories for exploring intimacy – deeper. We do that by creating events, sessions, materials, and professional training. All our products and services are based on the pillars of solidarity and inclusion. This means our events are meant to be a welcoming place to you, independent of race, gender, age (though 18+), sexual orientation, relationship style, being neurodivergent or neurotypical, being disabled or non-disabled, or looks.
We acknowledge everyone is learning and may make mistakes in addressing others, ourselves included. Making mistakes is welcomed in our workshops. Intentionally causing harm by discrimination, racism, misogyny, shaming, bullying, spreading disinformation etc is not tolerated. As a team we are actively speaking up against these issues, and repeated misconduct will lead to remove the person causing harm from the workshop and potentially withhold access to future events.
More about us:
Facebook: Exploring Deeper with Wilrieke Sophia
Youtube: www.youtube.com/exploringdeeper (Debunking Lovesongs)
Check out Wilrieke’s TEDx Talk on Navigating Intimacy.
A few words on team ethics:
Integrity and creating a safer space is super important to us, the team of Exploring Deeper. You, the participants, are not our personal dating pool. There are power dynamics that can be juicy, but also abusive.
Members of our team, regardless of their role (which may be facilitator, assistant, co-facilitator, helper or participant) will not individually date people they meet for the first time in the context of the power dynamic of a workshop, and will not be romantically or sexually involved with them. They will not have any form of fluid exchange with participants.
We might support you in your exercises or provide a service during the play party (we’re always keen on helping you improve your spanking skills for example!).
If we have pre-existing partners or lovers in the workshop, we will disclose that at the opening of the workshop when appropriate.
If you are curious about our Guidelines for Team Members, feel free to check the full document out here.
SOME PRACTICAL INFORMATION
In the week before the event, you will receive an email with detailed information for this day. Make sure you sign up with an email address that you use. Check your spam filter if you did not receive an email seven days before the event (if you unsubscribed from our newsletter, these emails cannot reach you!).
This day takes place in a beautiful venue in Utrecht or Houten. Both venues have plenty of free parking space around the venue, and public transport easily brings you there. Check www.9292ov.nl for public transport details. Both venues are about 20 minutes by bus from Utrecht CS.
To keep tickets at affordable pricing, we ask you to bring some (vegetarian) food to share. If you bring a bit more than just for yourself, we will end up with a luscious, abundant potluck. Made or bought with love is equally fine!
We will provide tea, water and some snacks throughout the day.
WHAT DO I WEAR?
Wear what makes you feel comfortable during the workshops. Bring some layers, as you might get hot or cold. For the play party you can play with what you want to embody or experience: maybe a hidden part that desires some unveiling? A part you’d like to celebrate? Something that makes you feel safe to be in an exciting environment? Your pyjamas? Or do as I do and bring different options, so you can choose at the moment.
HOW MUCH IS IT?
You find that info in the ticket shop. There is a limited amount of budget tickets, meant for people with limited financial resources. We trust you to choose the ticket that fits your situation.
WHY GENDERED TICKETS?
We want to include everyone, whatever your gender or identification is. That means there’s space for everyone, without one group getting overrepresented. Therefore there are tickets for people who identify themselves as male, female and other.
(We realize that there are many gender identities outside the binary norms. For practical reasons, we have summarized them as a category ‘other’ on the ticket sales pages. We apologize to anyone who does not feel represented by this category.)
Please only buy a ticket that represents your gender – and not any other ticket. Sold out = sold out.
DO I BRING TOYS OR ROPES?
You can bring ropes, or other toys that may increase your pleasure for the play party in the evening. We will provide some things for shared use.
WHAT IF I CAN’T COME ANYMORE?
There are administration costs involved, but refunds are possible. You are free to sell your ticket to someone else. We don’t mediate in selling tickets. (See Wilrieke’s terms and conditions). Please respect the gender of the ticket, and in case we send pre/aftercare emails, forward them to the person you sold your ticket to.
WHAT IF TICKETS ARE SOLD OUT?
You can ask for a ticket in the FB-event. You can also ask Wilrieke to be put on a waiting list – or buy tickets further ahead. Usually, there are multiple play parties planned ahead.
WHAT IF I DON’T FEEL LIKE TOUCHING SOMEONE?
Then you don’t. We will never push you to do anything, nor to do anything with anyone. You can come, decide to keep all your clothes on and not touch anyone – and that’s perfect. You can also always sit out an exercise.
If you want to extend your day with a night in a hotel, there are options nearby in Utrecht (google search ‘cheap hostels around Utrecht’). AirBnB works well too (tip: ask in the event for other participants to share a room with).
Venue Utrecht: Bastion Hotel Utrecht and Van der Valk Utrecht are at walking distance.
Venue Houten: Van der Valk Houten is at walking distance.
If it is absolutely impossible to find a place to sleep for you due to long travels or finances, please do reach out.
NOTE: This event respects RIVM guidelines. These guidelines may change prior to the event. Check our COVID-19 protocols here: https://www.exploringdeeper.com/covid. Ticket holders will be informed prior to the event through email.
We MAY ask for a COVID-19 quick test, vaccine, or another way to minimise the risk of spreading COVID-19 at this event. Participants will be informed through email.
Always check your SPAM folder. If you have signed out for Wilrieke’s emails, these emails won’t reach you. Reach out to Wilrieke if you did not get any information seven days before the event.
For this workshop, Exploring Deeper’s Terms and Conditions apply.
To stay updated about workshops, events and to read Wilrieke’s blog (with hundreds of articles and videos about topics like non-monogamy, sexuality and dealing with insecurities), sign up for our newsletter!