Mind that as long as COVID-regulations are in place, events may be happening in a different format, be canceled, postponed, or switch to online. Please read our COVID-protocols before signing up.
Navigating Intimacy – A Two Day Exploration into Boundaries & Desires with Wilrieke Sophia
November 26 @ 10:00 - November 27 @ 19:00 CET
Our Inner Navigation System
- no longer depending on others to make your choice
- being able to say ‘no’ to things you don’t want
- being able to say full-hearted ‘YES’ to the things you do want
- clarity on where negotiation/compromise is possible, and what your hard limits are
- feeling empowered in intimate situations
- having access to a broader spectrum of options of connection than sex/no sex
- increased self-confidence
Some of the things that we’ll explore:
- the difference between a real ‘yes’ and a conditioned ‘yes’;
- the power of saying ‘no’ and how it doesn’t have to end an interaction, but rather navigate it;
- all the ways in which you consciously or unconsciously try to manipulate others into your hidden desires;
- touching and being touched for your pleasure;
- getting a Ph.D. in asking for what you want;
- a conscious laboratory to practice and strengthen your skills.
For who is this event?
This event is for you if:
- you are curious about how you operate
- you are willing to dive into a weekend that is intense, but may change your life forever
- you want to feel more secure about yourself and learn how to step up for yourself
This event is NOT for you if:
- you are not willing to accept another person’s ‘no’
- we actively stand for inclusion. This means that in the event no racism, discrimination, misogyny, ableism, or shaming of bodies, sexualities, gender etc are tolerated. If this is something you cannot commit to, this is not your community.
- we accept all political viewpoints and personal opinions, but we also actively stand against the spread of misinformation and disinformation. If you are looking for places to share your viewpoints on vaccine shedding, this is not your community.
- we MAY ask for a covid quick test, vaccine, or another way to minimise the risk of spreading covid at this event. If this is principally against your values, you may want to reconsider signing up.
About Wilrieke Sophia:
Wilrieke Sophia (they/them) is a sex & intimacy educator, conscious kink facilitator, intimacy activist, TEDx speaker, writer, and founder of Exploring Deeper and Cuddle Workshops International.
They identify as queer, sex-positive, polyamorous and kinky. Wilrieke is based near Amsterdam, The Netherlands where they openly combine being a mother of three daughters with their work.
The main focus of their work is empowerment through self-knowledge and understanding, radical self-inclusion, the embodied experiencing of boundaries and desires, and an extensive practice of consent – all based on a foundation of trauma awareness and neuroscience, embedded in experiential spaces based on intimacy practices. Wilrieke hosts sex-positive retreats, play parties, teacher training, and festivals. In several projects with colleagues, Wilrieke creates workshops and materials on accountability, abuse and power dynamics in the intimacy and wellness communities.
About Exploring Deeper:
We all need touch. Here at Exploring Deeper, we believe that satisfying intimacy needs to be available for everyone. To have that intimacy, a person needs to feel safe and secure in their own body. We need to know our boundaries and desires, and we need to know how to communicate them. How does a person change their life? By doing things differently, and then repeating that new way. When it comes to intimacy, our current society does not provide us with the means, tools, and places to practice our intimacy skills.
Exploring Deeper aims to create those spaces. Laboratories for exploring intimacy – deeper. We do that by creating events, sessions, materials, and professional training. All our products and services are based on the pillars of solidarity and inclusion. This means our events are meant to be a welcoming place to you, independent of race, gender, age (though 18+), sexual orientation, relationship style, being neurodivergent or neurotypical, being disabled or non-disabled, or looks.
We acknowledge everyone is learning and may make mistakes in addressing others, ourselves included. Making mistakes is welcomed in our workshops. Intentionally causing harm by discrimination, racism, misogyny, shaming, bullying, spreading disinformation etc is not tolerated. As a team, we are actively speaking up against these issues, and repeated misconduct will lead to removing the person causing harm from the workshop and potentially withholding access to future events.
A few words on team ethics:
Integrity and creating a safer space is super important to us, the team of Exploring Deeper. You, the participants, are not our personal dating pool. There are power dynamics that can be juicy, but also abusive.
Members of our team, regardless of their role (which may be facilitator, assistant, co-facilitator, helper or participant) will not individually date people they meet in the workshop. They will not have any form of fluid exchange with participants.
We might support you in your exercises or provide a service during the play party (we’re always keen on helping you improve your spanking skills for example!).
If we have pre-existing partners or lovers in the workshop, we will disclose that at the opening of the workshop when appropriate.
If you are curious about our Guidelines for Team Members, feel free to check the full document out here: https://exploringdeeper.com/ethics
In the week before the event, you will receive an email with detailed information for this training. Make sure you sign up with an email address that you use. Check your spam filter if you did not receive an email seven days before the event.
The weekend takes place in Amsterdam at De Ruimte at the Weesperzijde 79A.
The location is behind a gate on the street. This is what it looks like.
Reaching the venue:
- CAR – Use www.routenet.nl to plan your route. Maybe carpooling feels like an option for you; feel free to post your request in de event on Facebook.
- PARKING – Parking is expensive in the area. You may need to park your car a few streets away. Check www.prettigparkeren.nl. A cheaper option is the P+R. www.bereikbaaramsterdam.nl
gives more information about this.
- PUBLIC TRANSPORT – From Amsterdam Amstel Station it is a 15 min walk. From both Amsterdam CS and Amsterdam Amstel metro 51-53-54, stop Wibautstraat is closeby. Use www.9292ov.nl to plan your trip.
The workshop doesn’t include standard lodging. There are options nearby, etc Volkshotel is at walking distance.
WHAT DO I EAT?
We will provide tea and water. Feel free to bring snacks, and bring food if you are here for the afternoon as well.
WHAT DO I WEAR?
Wear what makes you feel comfortable during the workshops. Bring some layers, as you might get hot or cold.
HOW MUCH IS IT?
You find that info in the ticket shop. There is a limited amount of budget tickets, meant for people with limited financial resources. We trust you to choose the ticket that fits your situation.
WHAT DOES THE COLOUR CODE OF THIS EVENT MEAN?
We use a system of colours to explain what happens in an event with regards to s.xuality:
White: clothes stay on, there is no sexuality or nudity. (e.g. cuddle workshops.)
Pink: partial nudity is allowed but genïtals stay covered. Sensual play is possible. (e.g. energy sex workshops and pink play parties.)
Red: full nudïty and sexual interactions are possible (e.g. exploring kink, red play parties.)
WHAT IF I CAN’T COME ANYMORE?
There are administration costs involved, but refunds are possible. You are free to sell your ticket to someone else. We don’t mediate in selling tickets. See Wilrieke’s terms and conditions for all details. In case we send pre/aftercare emails, forward them to the person you sold your ticket to.
WHAT IF TICKETS ARE SOLD OUT?
You can ask for a ticket in the FB-event.
WHAT IF I DON’T FEEL LIKE TOUCHING SOMEONE?
Then you don’t. We will never push you to do anything, nor to do anything with anyone. You can come, decide to keep all your clothes on and not touch anyone – and that’s perfect. You can also always sit out an exercise.
HOW ACCESSIBLE IS THIS VENUE?
The workshop takes place on ground level. There are no stairs, but there is a high step at the entrance that is not very wheelchair accessible without support. We can provide assistance here.
There is an accessible bathroom.
COVID: Check our COVID-19 protocols here. We may ask for a self-test of max 24hr old for this event.
Ticket holders will be informed prior to the event through email. Always check your SPAM folder. If you have signed out for Wilrieke’s emails, these emails won’t reach you. Reach out to Wilrieke if you did not get any information seven days before the event.
For this workshop, Exploring Deeper’s Terms and Conditions apply.
- November 26 @ 10:00 CET
- November 27 @ 19:00 CET
- Event Categories:
- Boundaries & Desires, Consent & Power
- De Ruimte
- Exploring Deeper