Mind that as long as COVID-regulations are in place, events may be happening in a different format, be canceled, postponed, or switch to online. Please read our COVID-protocols before signing up.
- This event has passed.
October 2 @ 19:30 - 22:00 CEST
Do you long for connection, both with yourself and others?
Do you want to connect intimately, without being s’xual?
Do you want to practice expressing your boundaries as well as your desires?
Do you want to indulge in a bath of unconditional love and warmth?
The workshop in one glance:
– focus: connecting with yourself and from that place connecting with others
– elements: cuddling, touch, consent, tantra, meditation, breathing techniques, movement.
– level: * no experience needed, clothes stay on.
In this cuddle workshop, you will discover the pleasure of conscious touch and cuddling. We have all built walls around our hearts to protect ourselves. What will we discover when we carefully lower our guard a little? Will there be relaxation and love?
More and more research underlines the health benefits of cuddling. Cuddles lower stress levels in our body, release oxytocin (the ‘cuddle hormone’ that makes us feel good), lowers blood pressure and heart rate and makes us feel seen and loved.
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
This workshop is for both experienced and starting cuddlers. Especially when you feel anxious or insecure about connecting with other people – this is for you. But also if you want to recharge and indulge in a night of abundant cuddles you are very welcome!
The workshop gradually builds from connecting with yourself towards connecting with others, with a lot of space to find and express your boundaries. The exercises are playful but deep.
Here’s a testimonial for you to get an idea of this workshop:
– We will create a safe space with guidelines that all participants are requested to submit to.
– Everybody is welcome. This means there might be a disbalance in gender in the group. You work with who you want to work with; we don’t stimulate genderfobia (meaning we won’t actively pair you up with people of your preferred gender).
– When you are being disrespectful, crossing boundaries or show any other behavior that affects the safety of the group, we can ask you to leave the workshop.
– You are responsible for your own well-being. This means that you can express your boundaries at all times. We will never force you to do anything.
– Wear comfy clothes in which you feel good, e.g. pajamas, yoga pants, etc. Shoes are not allowed in the workshop space.
– For this workshop, Wilrieke’s Terms and Conditions apply: http://www.wilriekesophia.com/terms-and-conditions/
– To stay updated about workshops, events and to read Wilrieke’s blog (with topics like non-monogamy, s’xuality and dealing with insecurities), check www.wilriekesophia.com and sign up for our newsletter!
Who: we welcome people of all genders, sexualities, ages etc. Racism and disrespect are not tolerated.
Language: the workshop is in Dutch, but English (or bilingual) when there are English speaking people. We want to include everybody!
Time: This workshop starts at 19.30 and ends around 22.00h. Doors open at 19.00h. When the workshop starts (at 19.30h) we will lock the door. You are welcome to come a little earlier to land, have tea and meet lovely people.
Check www.prettigparkeren for information of (free) parking, or www.9292ov.nl for public transportation advice.
You sign up by buying your ticket. You don’t need to print or bring your ticket (please, save trees). We appreciate it when you sign up for the Facebook event as well.
ABOUT CUDDLE WORKSHOPS INTERNATIONAL
Cuddle Workshops International (and the Dutch branch Knuffelworkshops in Nederland en België) are a worldwide network of certified Cuddle Workshop facilitators.
These workshops are always strictly non-sexual in nature. Consent, respect, and inclusivity are the highest values.
To find out more about Cuddle Workshops International, or to become a certified facilitator, check www.cuddleworkshops.org.